What would you think of a Garage Sale that included cheap coffee and muffins for shoppers?

Would you think it was nice to go to a Garage Sale that had coffee and muffins for .25-.50 cents? Would you think its weird? nice? disgusting? a fun way to start your garage saling day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would not buy them. Sorry, but to me it is weird to eat food that I don't know where it came from or the people who made it. (Restaurants are different.) But this is just me.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I think it would be a nice gesture seeing as a lot of garage salers get up very early to do their shopping. I'm all about coffee...but maybe not muffins...maybe if they were wrapped in some kind of individual wrap and not just laid out uncovered/unprotected, kwim?
    TheBodyShopMom

Answer by TheBodyShopMom at 11:02 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I would buy it. I think it is one of the ways women used to make money. They would sell baked goods or handmade items. GO FOR IT. What is the worst that can happen? Your family will have to eat a bunch of muffins and you will have lotsa coffee. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• a lot of bigger yard sales will do this- like a neighborhood yard sale. i went to a community sale at the high school and people were selling HOT DOGS at 10am and people were buying them! to some, it's a nice gesture for shoppers who may be there for awhile looking through stuff. i did get some Amish friendship bread and it was sooooo good!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Wow Ladies! Thanks for your encouragement and suggestions! I really appreciate it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• All our neighborhood sales do this. They have kids work at the subdivision entrances handing out maps. One house will do hot dogs, another one will do cupcakes, different ones will do coke or lemonade. They put on the map which houses are selling what and which ones have food and drink.
    Anonymous

• How do your neighborhoods go about planning these? Do you have neighborhood meetings and such?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I think it would b AWESOME! It would make me feel good 2 know that they're thinking about me, the consumer, & maybe I hadn't really eaten a good breakfast b/c I was hectic as usual, I'd like it. I honestly can't decide if I 'd buy the muffins though...if they were ind. wrapped, & looked ok, probably would. Come 2 think of it, if I'd buy the coffee, I might as well buy the muffins! Not saying u would do this, but I think 2day's people's biggest fears r "what is IN the muffins?". IF it's n the muffins, it's b in the coffee:) , but I'd probably buy them, & think it's sweet! If ur my neighbor, I'd probably think it was even sweeter! Good luck w/ ur garage sale; those r hard 2 do, but can b very fun! Maybe cold drinks would b good 2 sell 2 depending on when ur doing it-- it gets REALLY HOT down here (La. not LA)!
    Pipersmom2006

Answer by Pipersmom2006 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• In TX it is HOT so we do iced water bottles and cookies. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I was just at one where she had bottles of water and sodas for $1, we bought them! Muffins would depend on the neighborhood I guess. And the quality of the other stuff they are selling. If they only had gross trash, then no. If they had items in nice well cared for condition, then probably yes.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2009