Ex-boyfriend Misery

My boyfriend and I officially brokeup. We've been going on for two years. He was the one that made the decision of breaking up with me. The day after he called and I never picked up. I called him a day after that and he told me to stop bothering him because he had nothing to say to me. Four days later he calls again, I pickup and he tells me that things just aren't going to workout. I already had understood that so I hungup the phone heartbroken and went on with my life, miserably. He called the day after that, twice. Again, I didn't answer! Yesterday he didn't call. I don't get it. Does he want to be with me or not? What do these signs show? I clearly left him alone so it's not like I'm the one forcing him to do anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Well it sounds like he's not 100% sure if he wants the relationship to be over. But he needs to man up & just tell you if he wants to work on things or go seperate ways. Nobody likes to have people play head games with them. So just answer the phone next time & say ok you tell me to leave you alone & that we're through, so why do you keep calling & bothering me if it's over. Good luck.
    shawna101

Answer by shawna101 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Sounds to me like he doesn't want to be with you but he doesn't want you to move on, either. So he keeps calling to keep you dangling and unable to get over him. Next time he calls, I'd answer and tell him that if he doesn't want to be with you, he needs to stop calling. And if he DOES want to be with you, then he needs to grow up and act like it. Don't let him play games with you like that. You deserve better, whether from him or someone else.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• he's just tormenting you. Quit taking his calls. Block them if you can. He's playing games or he's with someone else when you call and says things like "don't bother me" just to make the new girl think you are pestering him to get back with him. She may have made him call to tell you "it won't work out" for the same reason. Let him go. He's not worth the mental stress. It sounds like he's playing you and her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• He's playing games. Don't end up beeing a booty call please. Stay strong. I know it hurts, but you'll be all the better if you don't give in and play games.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• you are both playing a g, don't call him - stop it - and don't take his calls.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 12:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• sounds like he is trying to make you miserable. I think you should just block his number. Then he can't call anymore and play these games with you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2009