I know your not a doctor

I just had a question about mucus plug. I'm not looking for medical advice. I was just curious about the mucus plug. I have two kids already but never lost my plug so I don't know what it looks like. I just went to the bathroom(I know TMI) and when I wiped i pulled out a long stringy, looked like something that comes out of your nose, thick and yellowish. Now I know you get discharge during pregnancy but mine is usually pretty thin. My question is does your mucus plug have to have blood in it or be brown and come out in a "glob" or can it be what I described? Oh and I'm about 29 weeks along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm definately no expert and I'm going through my first pregnancy, but what I was told it can be clear, brown (because of blood), or whitish because of the discharge. Sometimes it can come a little at a time or it'll look like a disc. Not sure how 100% true it is, like I said I'm no expert. But it'll be thick and mucusy.
    snjbjac

Answer by snjbjac at 11:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Thanks! I heard that too but wasn't sure how true it was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• more often than not its a HUGE nasty blob that's often mixed with old and new blood- so brown with red. That's what it looked like for both of mine!

also if you HAVE lost yours call your OB because it can start preterm labor, if you don't go into labor in the next 24-48 hours your fine and it will grow back.

good luck!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Mine was very light (not globby) and brownish

Answer by admckenzie at 11:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• ive been having that for about a month now and my mucus plug came out like a week before it started happening at 32 1/2weeks and my plug was a brown blob
    Anonymous