How do I tell DH that I am having an emotional affair with another man?

drama, relationships, cheating, divorce

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Relationships

• If you are having an emotional affair, and haven't done anything. Just tell him that you have something to share with him. My fiance and I talk about everything. His feelings for someone else and everything. He has never cheated on me and I have never cheated on him. We've been together for 10 years and we grow closer every day because we are open and honest with each other. Good Luck.

• Sit him down & tell him how you feel. Don't BLAME him for ruining your relationship b/c it takes two. He'll probably be pissed & hurt, but if you make it about YOU and not about how he failed you as a DH, then you'll need to lay it all out & be honest. If you want to stay with your DH, you'll need to make him some promises & you'll both need to make some compromises. Good luck!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You dont. You stop having an emotional affair and you put the energy that you are giving this other man to your husband. Unless you want your marriage to end, then you stand up and tell him that it is over. You cant be half in and half out of a marriage.

Answer by AKEllen at 11:40 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Why would you tell? What he don't knows can't hurt. I agree with the answer above. But if you don't want to be with this other man, then end it.

Answer by 3kids2many at 8:45 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• thats a tough one, considering my husband just got done having a emotional affair for 3wks, and it happened because she was interesting, comfortable to be around, had alot in common,attractive,enjoyable to talk to,and that means what does he think of me? but I do agree if you are able to talk to your other half, it might be alright, but I just know how I felt when I found out, mind you, it wasn't because he came to me and told me, I caught in lies while it was going on,

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• That is a very tricky situation. I think in order for you to feel completely guilt free about the situation, you might want to consider talking to a counselor and then telling your husband. Having an emotional affair can be just as damaging. Put yourself in his shoes -- would YOU want to know if he had one? Would you want him to tell you?

Answer by mommytoadam at 8:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I believe this is what is happening in my marriage right now but its my dh who is/was having an emotional affair. I caught him talking and texting with this other person four time. He was lying to me and going behind my back, then all of a sudden he told me he wasn't happy and in love with me anymore and is thinking about divorce. Talk about having the rug pulled out from me. I truly believe his mind is being clouded by this other person and he has forgotten what a strong and loving marriage we used to have b/c he is so focused on this other person. I would most definitely end it asap. It has been two months since I found out and he still denies it to this day and can't seem to decided if he wants a divorce or not. Meanwhile I have done everything I can to save my marriage.