I'm 36, a stay at home mom, married and have 2 daughters. Why do I still feel empty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Only you can answer that. Do you feel like you're missing out on something? If so, what?
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 11:54 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Do you socialize outside of the house and do things for yourself? It's very important to have your own hobbies and friends. It's easy to get wrapped up into always doing for others, but be your own person too! Do you do crafts? If it's hard to make friends you can join a mom's group, excersize group, go to church if you're christian, volunteer, or even work part time just to get out of the house on occasion! Let me know if that helps.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I've been to counseling. I'm considering a part time job. I think I just need to find myself. I have also started going to a women's Bible study. I am not crafty. thank you for your responses. I just joined about 20 minutes ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Gosh I wish I could help you but I'm going through similar stuff too! I have found that mostly it's because I am not happy with where I am in life. The stand still of being home all the time is getting to me.. and now I started thinking about having another baby. Which is something I just don't really need right now. It stems from me wanting to feel needed and having enough to fill up my time. Try getting a part time job, volunteering, going out with some friends, etc.
    Do something that will educate yourself... something you've always maybe wanted to do but never had the time, guts, knowledge, etc. Ask yourself what you really want from life and how do you get there.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 1:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• The biggest complaint I've heard from my SAHM friends is that they feel they've given up themselves to take on that role. They are someone's wife, mom, and daughter, but they don't have an identify separate and apart from their relationship to someone else.

Perhaps you're feeling the same way? If so, you should identify something just for you. A part-time job is a great idea-- it's your own thing. Volunteering is also a great idea. Starting a hobby, or going to school are also great ideas. You need to spend time identifying what makes you YOU!

If that's not it-- are you wondering if this is it? Is this as good as it gets? I've had moments like that where I think I'm supposed to be happy, but I'm not. I've addressed it by looking at why I had such expectations, and identifying the source of that expectation. Then I think about whether it's reasonable. Mostly, I realize I have lots to be grateful for.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• IDK if anyone on here can answer that for you. However you can try clubs and hobbies may be youga classes or somthing like that you know wPTO and stuf may be you need to have a life of your won that could help!
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• What about taking up a hobby, or taking some classes--either in fun subjects or maybe educational subjects, what about joining a club, or womens group, fitness class....
    Find something that interests you and make the time to do it.
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Get out of the house and away from the kids.

Organize activities or lessons for your kids so you can have the house to yourself for a while.

Join an exercise class.

Join some other kind of group.

Pursue a hobby.

Go on dates with your husband without the kids.

Take a weekend getaway.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 7:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2009