Does the amount of hate spewed here on CM ever disturb you?

I am still sometimes surprised by the nastiness toward those who don't think and behave exactly as some seem to think they should (I'm not talking about the thoughtful discussions I sometimes see). Such intolerance really makes me wonder about the world we live in.

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 11:50 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Yes, definitely. However, you have to remember it is, afterall, cyberworld. People fee they can take all their frustrations out on others in forums and such. It is the way of the internet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yes, it's the same all over the internet. It's practically a rule. The anonymity of the internet and lack of serious repercussions, combined with the swiftness of how something inflammatory can be posted (as well as the responses to it) *and* the lack of any real courage to face those they've attacked seems to just encourage the lowest common denominator of behavior.

It's sad how grown people feel that Teh Intarweb gives them the divine right to speak to other people in ways that would get them knocked in the dirt if they said it in real life. As adults, and especially here as mothers supposedly raising the next generation - we should be proving we are ABOVE this type of behavior.....
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I find the most intolerance about God and second abortion third breast feeding third am I pregnant.. What ever we all have to do, some what legally of course!!!! , to bring up our families is what's best for individuals. sigh I just realized I just joined those bewildering are you kidding i can't believe you asked that question group. I asked on a
    Anonymous

• I was in a group that discussed racial issues. I had to leave it. There was so much hate. I went there to learn something on possibly improving the racial differences.

Just to add though..

I just love how people think they're so high and mighty on the internet. Its just that.. the internet.. i highly doubt that any of these people would say half the crap to someone's face that they type out. I think this is their way to be the tough person that they'll never be in real life.
    Anonymous

• I OFTEN WONDER ABOUT THIS WORLD TOO! BUT I DON'T LET A FEW CLOSED MINDED PEOPLE GET TO ME, I HAVE MUCH MORE THICK SKIN THAN THAT!

Answer by older at 7:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yes, it does get to me sometimes. I love CM but have to take breaks from it once in a while to get away from the hatred and anger. I see it all over the internet though, not just on CM. (Ever read comments on YouTube? Yikes!) It seems like it's getting harder to get away from it online.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 7:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2009