suggestions on camping with a 2 month old

we are going camping next month with our 3 girls, 4 years, 3 years and 2 months. Any suggestions on how to make sure the 2 month old does ok, I have never camped with a baby before. W are camping at the beach and I know about sun safety and all that I just want to know more about the camping part. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Travel

• 2 months is awfully young.. I would suggest being sure you have a tent big enough to fit a basinet in.. or even a play pen. (you definitely don't want baby to sleep on the ground). Also be sure to talk to your pedi. about any bug screen you can use (if any) on or around to keep off bug bits.. be sure to also talk to them about any first aid things you should have available for the just in case. (obviously the basics.. formula, a lot of water, diapers, wipes, clothes, etc.)

besure to keep baby out of the sun, and in the shade, and dressed to keep the sun off of baby, and be sure baby gets enough to drink (formula).

honestly I would consider trying to get a sitter for baby.. it's going to be a lot on both of you. and Camping with a baby is no fun.. nor really that safe.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Have you camped before with your older kids? If so, you and the baby will be fine. They make glow in the dark binkys which i like to have when i'm camping, so if my son wakes up, i can find the binky quickly and pop it back in for him. Remember to pack the bottle scrubber, you'll want to make sure the bottles are clean. And, maybe fresh water & a big pot to boil all her stuff (bottles/binkys) in every night. Plenty of clothes, you don't want to run out of onesies or receiving blankets if they get dirty. They say bounce dryer sheets repel bugs, maybe stick one in the stroller, or if you're holding her, put one in your pocket to try and keep her from getting bitten. Have benadryl on hand just in case! (i learned that one the hard way on our 2nd camping trip with my infant)! No such think as overpacking when your camping with little ones, in my opinion. Have Fun!
    christinek_00

Answer by christinek_00 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Are you camping in a tent? That seems young to go camping....even for the other kids. My son is 5 and I haven't braved a camping trip with him yet. But if it's something you regularly do with the others I would look into one of those bassinet baskets for baby, so you can keep the baby near you. I would also make sure the tent has those seperate rooms for the other kids to sleep BUT I would block their tent door with a tote or something so they don't get up and wander off in the night without you knowing.....this is why I haven't taken my son yet....he would most likely wake up and strut out on his own....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2009