Is fried food ok for a pregnant mom to eat ?

Ok i absolutely adore fried chicken..and all fried foods period !!! should i eat itt

Mamii2Be

Asked by Mamii2Be at 12:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's not healthy if that's what you're asking, lol. It's not good for a non-preg person to eat. It IS good though!

Just remember that a lot of pregnant women have problems with their gallbladder breaking down the foods high in fat and grease so in eating all that greasy fried food, you might have some pain. Heartburn would also be something to watch for.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• eat what you like (except fish, hot dogs, lunch meat, and soft cheese) but remember to ALWAYS balance it with a healthy diet, and keep a good anti-acid around. I eat things I probably shouldn't eat all the time, (fried food, candy, BACON..omg its soo good) but I always try to balance it out with a healthy lifestyle and side dishes. I'm 33 weeks and only gained a little under 20 lbs, and the worse side effect I have is HEART BURN! thank god for protonix!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Eat whatever you want (excpet for fish yada yada) just in MODERATION. This little girl of mine has brought me back to my childhood days of pb&j, grilled cheese, mac&cheese. So if I eat that for lunch I make sure I eat a healthy dinner.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Im 9 weeks pregnant and even though my cravings are all fried food and salty foods.... Greasy foods do not sit well with me. It tastes so good and then about 10 minutes after eating Ill be so sick to my tummy. Just try and stay away from the greasy stuff..
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009