why do you constantly get yeast infections??

ok this is emberassing but ill just le t it out.. i had a yeast infection last month... and was treated with .. and it went away.. now i wake up today to a yeast infection agsain... why???

i hate this....

and dont take me wrong im really take care of my self dwn there its always clean i shower change undies daily ..

HELP what do i do??

heidig_84

Asked by heidig_84 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Health

• either something is upsetting you pH balance or you could possibly have chronic yeast infections which is a medical condition, it has nothing to do with cleanliness.

some causes of a yeast infection are:
    Using antibiotics.
    Having high estrogen levels (hyperestrogenemia), such as during pregnancy, hormone replacement therapy (HRT or ERT) use, high-dose birth control pill use, and the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle.
    Having diabetes, especially if your blood sugars are not well controlled and tend to be high.
    Having an impaired immune system.
    Using corticosteroids, such as prednisone.
    Being overweight.
    Having the genital area exposed to moisture for a long period of time (for example, wearing a wet bathing suit all day) or living in a warm, humid climate
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Certain medications can cause you to be more likely to get them. It could also be the humidity and the type of panties you wear. I've heard eating certain foods helps...you should look into that.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Are you on or have you been on antibiotics? Are you pregnant? Those two things can cause yeast infections. Also, some women just tend to get them more in the hot months of the year.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• pp is right too. Try eating yogurt once a day, that's supposed to keep them at bay!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Make sure you are fully dry in that area before you put panties on after a shower. I was getting them all the time, and my dr. suggested using a blow dryer in low for a couple of seconds to make sure everything was dry. It really worked I have hardly had any.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 12:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• medications and do it. Use of scented pads or tampons, excessive yeast in your netherregion that gets pushed in during sex..alot of things can cause reoccurring infections. I say talk with your doctor.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I'm willing to bet that your symptoms got better but the infection never really cleared up. If you cut out sugar and all starches for 7 days you can kill all of the yeast off that's in your system. A high sure diet will cause frequent yeast infections.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My 17 year old daughter battled this problem for about a year. We tried everything mentioned in the above posts to no avail. We then switched to a low yeast diet. For example, instead of regular bread we buy Ezekiel bread, which is found in the organic section of most grocery stores. Also, probiotics helped-especially Femdophilus by the Jarrow company and/or Yeast-Cleanse by Solaray. Hope those suggestions help.
    goaskyourmother

Answer by goaskyourmother at 10:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2009