Can a pregnant mommy really over eat ?

Mamii2Be

Asked by Mamii2Be at 12:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• yes. Just b/c you are pregnant doesn't mean you have to eat enough for 4 people. You only need about an extra 150 calories per day than normal for the 1st trimester && an extra 350 calories per day in the last 2 trimesters.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yes. Pregnancy doesn't mean that people can go for a free-for-all and binge eat, it's still going to have the same effects on your health.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yes, I did and I gained 100 lbs my first pregnancy. It was hard to shake, and I felt really crappy and low energy.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Of course!

Answer by rkoloms at 1:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yes you definitely can. You should add no more than 200-400 extra calories per day (of healthy foods not junk food), depending on what trimester you are in. I WAY overate with my first one, and gained 60 lbs. With my 2nd, I ate normal and ended up losing weight (but he was my biggest baby go figure). With my 3rd, I only craved tomato and cucumber salad, but I also ate lots of healthy olive oil, olives, fresh fruits and vegetables, etc. I gained just the right amount of weight with her, and felt SO much healthier!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Oh yeah. Been there done that. *barf*
    Anonymous

• Yes and if you gain too much weight you put yourself at risk for gestational diabetes and your baby at risk for complications. Being pregnant does not give you the go ahead to eat whatever your want.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2009