Has anyone had a sonogram at 20 weeks that couldn't determine the sex?

Mine's coming up on Thursday. I'm so excited about it, but will I be able to get another sonogram if they can't tell this time?

jessiepink

Asked by jessiepink at 12:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep, last baby she couldn't do it because baby wouldn't move in the right position to tell so she didn't want to say. I still knew she was a girl anyway..
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• We didn't know for sure until my daughter was born at 32 weeks, they couldn't tell at any of the ultrasounds if she was a boy or a girl. She hid from them!!LOL
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 12:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Drink a ton of cold water and maybe even eat some sugar, it makes baby active!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Well, they couldn't tell when They did mine at 24 weeks, and they couldn't tell because my son wasn't in the right position. They tried moving him numerous times, but it just didn't work out. And with my insurance, they wouldn't let me have another U/S unless there was something wrong with me or the baby. Thankfully, nothing went wrong with me or my son, so I wasn't able to find out the sex until he was born. Talk about the best surprise of your life :)

**Don't get me wrong, we really wanted to know what we were having, but we were just thankful that we had a healthy baby!

SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 12:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• They will do alot to try to get them to move. My little girl laid with her back to us the entire time. I couldn't beieve what that lady did with that wand. I wanted to hit her, cause of course you have a full bladder and she is jabbing at you like your pin cushion. But depending on your insurance you may be able to. Or you can get a 3d ultrasound done. They have come down in price alot, the place I'm going to has a 99 dollar package.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• they did TONS to get mine to move, right as we were about to give up he showed us his goods, but most of the time,unless u pay out of pocket they wont give you another ultrasound unless its medically necessary.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• We got our first one at 19 weeks. He just would not budge no matter what I did. They still told us they thought 90% chance a girl! At 24 weeks it was definitely a boy! We asked for the Ultrasound and they gave it to us. I think we paid our Co-pay for it!
    Anonymous

• Yep, my baby had his/her legs crossed the whole time. So I have no idea.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• im 26 wks and i still dont know the sex they tried at 18wks 23wks and im trying again at 27wks if that doesnt work 30wks lol im gonna keep trying till i get an answer
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 1:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• They tried at 19 weeks with me, Baby just wasn't in the right position to tell for sure. In another two months we are going to try again. I think my doc just moved the next US closer so we can find out earlier.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2009