******Please Read*******

Ok, I get that some people can't spell. Fine, I try to get past that. (even though I see that many are homeschoolers and that scares me, but that's another topic) But for those of you who do not use punctuation or capitals..... PLEASE STOP!! It's extremely difficult to read. It's also hard to read when people use the smallest font then don't leave spaces for paragraphs. It's just one long post that's usually jumbled up.

I'm not sure if those of you who do this realize you get fewer responses b/c no one can read what the hell you write.

PSA over... thanks for reading.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• I hate to break this to you, Anonymous OP, but the people you're talking about don't care about their spelling, punctuation, capping, lack of capping, or the fact that they're likely going to "homeschool" the United States into being the stupidest country in the world.

You may, of course, share your thoughts, but don't expect anyone who doesn't already care about the way they're perceived through their writing to suddenly say to themselves, "Why oh why didn't I see before how stupid I appear to others! And I've been ending ALL of my sentences with prepositions and dangling participles left and right all of these years! Woe befall me if I do not change my ways for myself and my ridiculously undereducated children!!!"

Besides, even if they did they'd misspell it.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• imnotsureifiquiteunderstand......lol just kidding!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• The world is going to Hell in a hand basket. Unfortunately lots of people these days don't seem to care about spelling, punctuation or grammar anymore. My countless hours of diagramming sentences as a youngster will not allow me to cut corners...maybe they should bring that back.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 12:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• This is why we send our child to a charter school, where they actually have standards learning.
    Anonymous

• I agree. I am sooo not the best speller. but I try. And I may not put all of my punctuations in the right place, but I try. I guess I am old, but I also have a hard time when someone puts up a post or question that is filled with the abbreviated slang that people use in text messaging. I get some of them but some I have no clue. I know there are some abbreviations on Cafe Mom like-- DD, DH,DS, S/O, BF. I am not talking about an abbrevitaion every once in awhile. I am talking about the ones where every word in the post is abbreviated. That bugs me, but like I said I guess I am old. Although I am only 33.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 12:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Than don't read it fartface
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 12:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• by staceynoel... "Than don't read it fartface"

It also bugs me when the wrong word is used. It should be "then", dumbass.
    Anonymous

• I hAtE wHeN pEoPlE wRiTe LiKe ThIs.

That's my issue. That is so annoying. The spelling doesn't bother me to much as long as I can figure out what they're trying to say.

Some people just can't spell well.. it's not like they're doing it on purpose.. I had a friend in high school where I would try to work with him on his spelling.. he tried but sometimes its just not quite there for some people.
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 1:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• You really should be an English teacher since you're so darned good at typing!!!!

STOP WHINING!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Who's whining?
    Anonymous