does he have poor eye contact?

My 10 months old baby makes eye contact only when he wants.....when you call him, sometimes he answers his name..others time nop....but when people talk to him, like everyone who see a baby and trie to catch baby attention, most of the time, it looks like he ignores them, sometimes he looks like he ignores me too......other times when you talk to him and he is interesting in what you say or the sound that you make , he makes eye contact....i do not...is that poor eye contact? how can you explain poor eye contact? i am a little worried....please help...he laughs when i play peek-a-boo to him, he moves my hand for see my face when i play peek-a-boo, he is not pointing, no wave bye-bye, he looks for objects that he drops, he drinks from his sippy cup, he crawls, stand up, climb .. he starts babling, he follows my finger when i point something, he plays close to other kids but i am worried with his eye contact...please help thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you're worried getting him evaluated won't hurt. Lord forbid there's a problem, but if there is, you're on top of it and he can get special help to overcome it. Get him evaluated, what's the harm?
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I was looking for information too! What exactly is poor eye contact? My son is 8 months old, responds most of the time when you call, smiles when i play peek-a-boo with him, reaches out to move my hand to find my face when I play peek-a-boo, reaches for things he wants, appears to seek comfort when scared, looks for objects that he drops, drinks from his sippy cup and can feed himself a cracker, crawls (army style) ,babbles, follows my finger when i point to something or say look. He is working on climbing and pulling to a stand. He doesn't really "imitate" actions though if I clap my hands and say "yeah" somtimes he will say "yeah" too. He is not pointing, not waving, He will typically look at you if he is sitting on the floor in front of you...but seems to avoid "in your face" eye contact. He rarely makes eye contact if you are holding him.
    jboyum

Answer by jboyum at 8:30 AM on Sep. 19, 2009