How to stop a biter?!

My 15 month old foster daughter is such a biter. I have a 4 year old autistic son who does not respond to pain, so it seems like every time I go to give him a bath, he has new bitemarks that have bruised without me knowing he got them! My foster daughter will occasionally try to bite us, but nothing like what she does to my boy. How can I stop this if he won't let me know when it is happening? She is sneaky and I can't watch them like a hawk every second of every day. I am tired of his arms looking like a chew toy. :(

Foster_Mom

Asked by Foster_Mom at 12:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow, Maybe you could get her some teething toys, freeze a clean baby cloth in a frezzer bag they love to bite and chew on those. My daughter also likes the rubber finger tooth brushes she chews and bites on that for long lenths of time, you can get her some teether biscuits. Have you asked a doctor maybe they can help with some advice or maybe something else is going on. Be patient with your foster child and try to keep a closer eye on them so your son is not getting bite marks and feeling pain.
    Anonymous

• My second baby was a biter too. I tried everything. Finally in an act of desperation I told him to bite himself. I held his arm in his mouth until he bit himself. After about ten times he stopped biting others, he realized it hurts.
    My doc also said that when you catch them biting to push their lip over their teeth and push down so they are actually biting themselves.
    Anonymous