What's a good home espresso machine?

We had a Mr. Coffee espresso machine (steam) It worked really well for a few months and then slowed WAY down. We tried de-liming it and it didn't improve so we went out and bought a Hamilton beach machine (pump, it's supposed to give better coffee) It was AWESOME, for a few months. It brewed really fast (like 30 Sec.) had a great creme on top, tasted like starbucks. And now it takes like 20 min to get 2 shots out of the thing. We even put in a Brita water filter, for the coffee maker, because it was recommended to use purified water. I'm not looking for anything REAL expensive just something to make it at home so I'm not spending so much at Starbucks ever week.

jitterbuug48

Asked by jitterbuug48 at 1:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I am on my second Mr. Coffee machine; the first one lasted for about ten years.
    To clean it; fill with white vinegar, let sit overnight pour out the vinegar; refil with vinegar and run it through the pot. Run water through three times.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009