Anyone cut curly hair themselves? (Not salon haircuts)

My LO has curly hair and it's starting to get really straggly (if that's a word). Call me cheap but I do not want to pay to have it cut because I'm sure I can do it myself. I want to know if there are any recommendations for cutting curly hair on a toddler? I don't want the poor kid looking silly, ya know. =)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Okay, as a hairstylist here's something to remember when cutting curly hair. Normally hair is about an inch longer when wet. So what ever you cut will shrink up a little. Curly hair shrinks up more so just don't cut too much or it will look really short. My three year old has curly hair too. When I trim her bangs I don't do too much or it looks like a really bad cut! Also, make sure you do not lift up or elevate the hair while cutting. Comb it straight down or it will be uneven!! I paid 22,000 in student loans to learn this and give it to you for free!lol good luck!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i cut my daughters hair when it needs it
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i don't cut my dd's hair b/c its curly and on top of that even if it were straight i'm afraid i'd mess it up. but there are a few salons in my area that only charge me $8 for her haircuts and about $5 for just the bangs. so maybe call around and ask how much places would charge for a toddler hair cut.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2009