Why is it that when I go to bed at night I weigh around 136 and when I wake up in the morning I weigh around 130?

Is it water weight? What can I do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Health

• There is nothing to do about it. It's completley normal. You naturally retain waters and other fluid from food and water intake during the day. Your weight on the scale during the day and night really shouldn't be focused on as a problem.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• do u poop between that time? cause u can lose a good 5lbs just from using the bathroom!
    Also when u go to bed u may have a belly full of food/liquid... during the night your food absorbs it & breaks it down (making it weigh less) so when u wake up your "lighter"....
    Thats why its important if you are watching your weight you should weigh in at the same time every day. usually in the morning before eating / drinking anything.. But you shouldnt lisnen to the scale on a day2day basis.. weight fluctuates big time! so you should watch the scale on a weekly basis instead.
    Anonymous

• You are getting on the scale way too often. Once a week is plenty.

I refuse to own one; I can tell my weight within a pound based on how my clothes fit. Also, we have a teen daughter, and I don't want her to obsess about her weight.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2009