Has any one ever heard of pizza burgers

I make these things called pizza burgers and every one who has tryed them absolutly loves them just woundering if any one else makes them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No but interested to know how you make them Do tell.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yeah... can we have the recipe??? :)
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My mom used to make them all the time!! Usually it was sloppy joe meat on a open faced hamburger bun topped with American cheese. Bake for however long.... until the cheese is melted. Sometimes she'd use leftover spaghetti sauce with ground meat. Mmmmm..... childhood comfort food for me!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 8:49 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yeap. I would love a recipe for homemade ones. I buy frozen ones, but a homemade one would be awesome.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I've seen them served 2 ways. 1. a burger between 2 slices of pizza and 2. open face toasted bun topped with Sloppy Joe sauce/meat topped with melted mozerella cheese.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yes the local ice cream shop has them and they are my weakness. They make them with a hamburger with mozzerella cheese in middle and an italian seasoning in meat. Then pizza sauce on top and served on bun. They use to serve it with lettuce and tomato but I didn't like it that way. They are very yummy
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 10:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• They are a fav here at our house!

I make burgers seasoned with oregano, garlic & grated parmesan cheese, which I then grill until done like a regular burger. Then I put the cooked burger on a bun bottom and top it with pizza sauce and shredded mozzarella & cheddar cheeses. Next I broil the burgers openface until the cheese melts & bubbles a bit, then put the bun crowns on and enjoy.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• The way I make my pizza burgers is I take hamburger buns and toast them in the oven till there just golden brown, While this is happing I Brown my hamburger meat in a pan, When my buns are toasted and my meat is cooked I take pizza sauce (I use Ragu but you can use any) And spread it on my buns then I take a spoon ful or two of my meat and put it on the top of the bun then I take cheese and sprinkle it on top of it.(I use velveta but there agian you can use what you wont.) Then place it back in the oven to melt the cheese then they are readie to serve.. I enjoy these because they are quick and easie to make...Please if you try this let me know what you think...
    Mrsbradley

Answer by Mrsbradley at 7:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• Most pizza places around here offer pizza burges, never tried one though. I like pizza, I like burgers, but together? I don't know....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2009