Is there anything fun you can do with rice krispy treats?

We always make the same plain bars. Can you make shapes or anything cool? Spice em up a bit? My kids love making these!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah! get cookie cutters and cut them out into fun shapes! wHEN WE WERE LITTLE WE MADE A NOAHS ark. my mom made a huge sheet of rice crispie treats and layed it on the table and we cut them out into animal shapes and put them on the ark! it took up the whole table! it was so much fun though!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 1:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• You can get sprinkles like the green ones and stuff like that and mix it in with it and then they will be different colors...i used to do that when i was little
    Anonymous

• my mom used to use m&ms and use xmas tree cookie cutters during the holidays!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• You can put in candies like M&M's, red hots candies, reeses pieces, etc. And here is a really cute flag decorated rice krispies treat perfect for July 4th:

http://www.ricekrispies.com/Display.aspx?recipe_id=1593&kic=true
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• You can buy those different colored mini marshmallows to mix in after the white marshmallows have melted to add extra color.
    I love the idea of the Noah's Ark - how creative and fun!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• You can make baskets with them. Form them into little circles with a dip in the middle, and then die some coconut green like grass. Then top the grass with a few m&ms. For easter, we use pastel m&ms, but you could do 4th of July ones, too. Then I wrap ours with a little square of plastic wrap and tie it with a ribbon.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• crushed oreos mixed in.... soooooooooooo good!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2009