If you are a NICU mom, would you be interested in writing a short story for a compilation book?

I am taking a friends advice and "write" a compilation book of NICU stories. My partner, Greta, and I have been wanting to start a non-profit and was thinking this might be a great way to get money for it so that we can help others.... if you are a NICU mom, would you like to write a piece? If nothing else when I am done I would like to bind it and send it to NICU's for their family waiting rooms. Please send me a message on CafeMom or email me at chicagodeedee@comcast.net. Thank you!

DeannaGile

Asked by DeannaGile at 1:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would love to! My outcome was very good and my story was a little different but I still can't believe he is the same little boy today! Check out my profile pics he's in there! I also had my 4 day old daughter rushed to San Diego childrens hospital by ambulance because her bilirubin count was in the 30's!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My son was in NICU 19 (almost) years ago. I would write a story. Let me know what you want.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 2:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My daughter was in the NICU for only 14 days but i am more than willing. Just let me know
    AddysMom4ever

Answer by AddysMom4ever at 2:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Wow, thank you all for your eagerness to write a short story. I would be looking for a 1-3 (8.5x11) page, double spaced short story about your journey.... can be anything you want to make it. If you want to talk about a particular day or the whole stay (however long or short that might have been) or if you want to just give a tiny bit of history of the NICU and focus on the present. I would like all types of stories to inspire parents and to help those that also need to heal from a loss. I will be sharing my daughters 196 day journey in the NICU and also sharing my few moments I spent with my son in the NICU before he passed away. Please email me your stories at chicagodeedee@comcast.net. Please title it NICU story so I don't think it is junk. :o)
    DeannaGile

Answer by DeannaGile at 2:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I just sent it to you!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My son was a full term NICU baby. He spent 31 days in there because of a rare birth defect. Give me a couple days and I will try to get something to you.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 3:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I started an email specifically for these stories.... please email nicustories@yahoo.com thanks!
    DeannaGile

Answer by DeannaGile at 1:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• I would love to. I was thinking of doing that up here. I know that when I was in the NICU I was so scared that my babies weren't going to make it or have delays. If there were success stories I think it would have been easier.
    twinmommy416

Answer by twinmommy416 at 8:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2009