Question to all the mommies who had C-sections!

Ok my question is, when your doctor did your c-section and then after all was healed did your stomach look crooked? like one side of your love handles was bigger, more droopy, more popping out then the other? I cant explain but when i was healed. i always looked in the mirror and my stomach is not normal looking. one side has more fat then the other. then where my belly button is there is a hard spot. if i push against each side with my hands on the stomach it goes in more then the other. I feel as though he cut the incision wrong and crooked. didnt pull the skin correctly. i had a second c-section and i guess i heard they cut on the same old incision. well it still crooked. and extremely numb after the meds, 2 c-sections in 2004 and 2006. Should i see a plastic surgeon to have him look at my stomach or some xrays? i feel as though maybe something inside is wrong lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Health

• The hard place could be scar tissue. My c-section scar is straight and fine. If it is bothering you really bad then yes you should have something done about it.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 2:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I agree, also, I had my last c-section in 2000 and my scar is still numb. There are no nerves left, that part is normal.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 2:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Its not the scar thats numb. its my lower stomach area that hands is NUMB like crazy. My actual skin on my stomach is crooked and a bunch of stuff i hate about it. The scar is kind of off center
    Anonymous

• I have numbness around the scar but my belly is very even, big, floppy and even. LOL Sorry that happened to you Mom, that sucks, I'd be mad.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I didn't have a C-section, but I had an odd bulge on my stomach for nearly two years after my daughter was born. The bulge was where here head was for the last few weeks before she was born.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I had a c-section but that never happened to me. Getting love handles and buldge is just having a baby but I do know what you're talking about.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My stomach is a little bigger on one side of the scar than the other. Not sure why, maybe more scar tissue on one side of the inside incision. My doc said there is nothing wrong and I have no numbness, it just itches like crazy sometimes. It gets so bad that I want to cut open my stomach and itch away.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• do you have more belly fat/ love handles than before you got pregnant? because for whatever reason my right lovehandle is bigger than my left one and the left side of my tummy is bigger than the right side, but it's just that way naturally. it's more noticable when i am heavier than when i was thin. maybe that is the reason?
    when you were pregnant, did your belly button end up sticking out? if so, that is a hernia and there may still be a small hernia in your belly button causing that hard lump (that is the case with mine, but mine hurts when i poke it). they can sew that up if that is the case.
    but i have had 2 c-sections also and i have the numbness in the lower belly which i am pretty sure is normal. i would suggest working out to see if that will make your tummy look better instead of going to a surgeon (working out is free lol). gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Princessbeth79. I am 119lbs now 5'0 and i was 115 when i got pregnant the first time in 2003. I didnt get stretch marks until around my 8th month. My belly button didnt stick out that i remember. I would have to look at old pics. I was all belly and my second pregnancy the same but i was even smaller and all belly. I had a flat stomach before i ever got pregnant in 2003. and one side is bigger then the other side like yours. I personally think it isnt normal and natural. I think it has to do with the first c-section when the doctor did not give me a nice incision and he did it all crooked and not even centered. i have love handles and there both diff sides, feels hard on one side and soft another. yes my top part of my belly button is hard. and when i did ask a doc for help he said im fine and 5 mins later told me to leave. Nobody ever helps me out. but i will find a good doc.
    Anonymous