How long after...

you lost your mucous plug did labor start for your first pregnancy?

youngmom3525

Asked by youngmom3525 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• was there blood in it or just a glob of boogers type stuff?
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I had my son at 39 weeks 2 days but hadn't lost my plug yet. I went straight to a c section though so mine came out after. I was most likely going to be overdue though. My friend lost hers a little at a time over 2 weeks.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• a couple weeks.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I don't think there is any rule of thumb for this question.. I didn't lose it with my first .. and went into natural labor.. and with my second I lost it at 38 wks and had to be induced at 40 wks and 3 days.. but everything I heard said that it was going to be days to hours.. and then someone told me that if you don't go into labor after you lose your plug within 24 hours.. it regenerates itself.. or something. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• my best friend lost her plug 2 weeks ago... she hit her due date today and still hasn't had the baby.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 6:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009