My 21 month old won't go to sleep in crib anymore...

She has always slept in a crib. Always had a routine ever since birth. And then all of a sudden, she won't take naps and won't go to bed like she used to. She climbs out, acts out of control. I don't know what it is. I'm worried that if I put her in a toddler bed she won't take naps or go to bed. She will just wonder her room the whole time. I know how she is. Any suggestions?

wsimons

Asked by wsimons at 2:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get a crib net thing, or switch to a toddler bed. just put a gate by her door make sure the room is 100% safe and when she's tired she'll pass out somewhere ( i suggest not closing the door b/c i made that mistake when she first went to a toddler bed, she fell asleep behind the door and i had to squeeze my way in to put her back in bed)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• She needs to be in a bed. All my kids were by 18 mos. If you stick to your guns and make her do it she will have to sleep sometime! With my kids it was a little rocky at first, but who isn't when big changes happen! It took about a week, but we have no issues with it. I use a baby monitor to listen to what he's doing and I gate off his door and babyproof his entire room.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Well I switched her to the toddler bed. She seemed like she liked the bed being called her 'Big Girl Bed', but that didn't mean she was happy to sleep in it. I gated off her door and babyproofed her room. She is extremely mad at me! haha She is throwing everything she can grab. This is hard for me because she has always gone to sleep so well! Ever since she was a newborn. But I guess all good things come to an end.. I am going to let her cry it out and see how it goes tonight....???
    wsimons

Answer by wsimons at 12:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009