Help- I can't get milk after having stomach flu!

I had the stomach flu for three days and was unable to get milk during that time. Now that I am better, I am still not getting very much milk, only like 1-3 ounces per day. My daughter is 8 1/2 months so that is definitely not enough. I also work full time so my body is used to pumping & I always get enough. Any advice on how to get the milk to flow again?

AddysMom4ever

Asked by AddysMom4ever at 2:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say just keep pumping and nursing....make sure she's getting enough nutrition in the meantime though...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Keep pumping and nursing and use the herbs and oatmeal to up supply. Milk does not just go away it can go down while sick but if you keep nursing and pumping it will stay just fine...keep hydrated!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I agree with keeping hydrated and eating oatmeal. You can also take Fenugreek capsules to help milk production. Worked for me. GL!
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 9:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009