Plus Size women

Can you feel your baby kick and move around? Im a plus size girl and I was just wondering how it was different from what Ive read.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had 5 babies. I started at a healthy weight and steadily gained over 23 yrs so each pregnancy I was fatter and fatter. I felt my babies kick just the same at 250lbs as I did at 130lbs. Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i dont consider my self plus size but i dont think it matters what size you are... you can still feel your child inside you kicking
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 2:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Im not tiny but not a size 16 either but I am a little bigger because I have big hooters and a butt that should have its own website lol but yes, I can feel my baby move the same as anyone else! no different its inside you not on the out. thats like heartburn hits full figured women differently? nope, not in the slightest, it still hurts us like hell the same as a size 2 girl.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I'm plus size working to get to normal size! I always felt my babies move, but I will say that there are cases of MORBIDLY OBESE people who didn't know they were pregnant because the movements felt like bowel issues due to over eating.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I've never understood how having too much fat on the outside can affect how you feel your baby on the inside! I have been both normal weight and over weight during my pregnancies & never noticed any difference at all.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yep! I felt her moving around just as much as the next person. I even have a video on youtube of her kicking where you can see my belly jump on the outside. I weigh over 200 pounds =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• There are thin women who sometimes couldn't detect movement right away because of small baby, or other issues. It's all based on that one persons situation. It's not fair to say that all heavy women feel movement and all skinny women do or don't either. But I'm sure if you aren't 400 lbs, you should be feeling some movement. Everyone's body processes pregnancy different, I guess it kind of bothers me when women think just because their pregnancy didn't happen that way that yours shouldn't happen that way. It's your pregnancy not everyone elses. If you aren't feeling movement and are worried go check it out.
    Anonymous

• Also it depends on where you are fat I think. I have a big butt and a small torso, I felt my babies movements early, 14 weeks. I have a friend who is big in the belly to start with and she didn't feel any movements until she was 28 weeks. Also her placenta was in the front of her belly so it cushioned the movements so it was harder for her to feel.
    It is different for everyone.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I will tell ya.. I am a little chubby.. and I felt both of mine move around the 17-20 wk mark.. that doesn't mean you will.. but I do not see how you can be pregnant and not feel the baby move at all.. let me tell ya .. the child I am currently pregnant with hurts it moves soo hard! But good luck and I wouldn't worry about it .. you will feel it :) Congrats!
    Anonymous

• i'm a chubby chick i'm 17 weeks an 5 days along i feel my baby move now i been feeling the bby since 14 weeks not alot yet but i feel the baby once in awhile,there starting to get stronger now
    Anonymous