Is it possible to get my breast to produce milk again?

I stopped breast feeding and my breast shrunk but a little milk remains. Would I be able to get my breast big again if I started pumping again? My son is 4 months old and I only breast feed for a month. I want to try again

lisacieslak

Asked by lisacieslak at 2:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, start pumping or nursing again , at least 10 minutes on each side every 2 hours or so. You should start producing soon, and make sure you increase your calorie intake so your body has what it needs to produce the milk. Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 2:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Get a supplemental nursing system and start giving formula through that. The nipple stimulation should get your supply to go back up at least part way. Start taking fenugreek and pump one side while LO nurses from the other and give the pumped milk in the SNS. Check out www.kellymom..com section on re lactation or induced lactation. Adoptive mother's do it without ever being pregnant so YES you most definitely can get your supply back up. Good for you for even thinking about trying. Remember that even if you do have to supplement some with formula a little bit of breast milk is better then NONE!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Will you be able to get them big? I don't know. Maybe. Will you be able to lactate and nurse? Most likely.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2009