What EXACTLY do you need to take one class at a community college?

I've been thinking about taking a class or two during the fall semester at the local community college. (Rowan-Cabarrus Community College)

The website is rather vague about what people want to do if they only want to take one or two classes. I've never been to college, and I don't know how any of it works. I don't want to enroll in a two-year program or anything. I just want to get out of the house and do some enrichment stuff.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 2:48 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Usually just the money. If it's like a community program toward a degree, I would visit and ask. but coming froma teacher standpoint I would thing a high school deploma would be sufficant. I would still ask.
    Mumof3kidz67

Answer by Mumof3kidz67 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 7, 2009

• get a hold of your school counselor. They can help answer all your questions. and come up with a plan that works for you.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I just went to the admissions office on campus and they walked me through it. Basically you pick a class, pay for it and register.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It depends on whether you want college credit or not. If you don't you will enroll with the continuing ed. or community enrichment office (it is called different things at different colleges)- which doesn't even require a high school diploma- & sign up for the class. If you want credit for it you have to apply to the college like any other student, you just don't enter any particular program.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• go online to its websit, click register and go from there....they will ask for proof of stuff in the registration process... u dont need to apply u just register and then add classes.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• smarts...
    Anonymous

• You can also find out if they do community programs - the nearest community college to us has "classes" all the time in another nearby town, you have to pay for them, sometimes they're good for college credit, but most of the time it's just basic stuff (and you can take more that go higher up) that anyone in the community can do - and usually not at the college. Cheaper, more options (IMO), quicker, blah blah blah. Or call the college and ask - that's where you'll get the best answer.
    Anonymous

• Go to the college admission office and they will tell you everything you need to know.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2009