What a bunch of hypocrites!

Why is it ok to make jokes about Billy Mays but anyone who makes a joke about Michael Jackson is going straight to hell?

Billy Mays wasn't a drug addict, he was never arrested for pedophilia, he never paid tabloids to run stories to keep his name in the paper. Laugh at him all you want, but don't you dare say boo about St. Michael.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I haven't seen any jokes about Billy Mays...where are they? Got any links? I always love a good joke.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It's in really bad taste to joke about anyone's death.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 3:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• LMAO! That's awesome and so true! It's because there are some big fans that followed Michael through the years and truly Idolize him. But that shouldn't mean that it's ok to make fun of someone else who is unfortunate. Thanks for calling them out!
    Anonymous

• Didnt see any jokes... I also didnt read through the whole thread either.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I didn't even know about Billy Mays til I read it in another group.

Not a good week to be a celebrity! My prayers are with their family, friends, and fans.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 3:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I read the story about the boy who said that MJ molested him . But now saying he made up the story ,because that was the only way to get rich. He did what his dad told him to do. Sad......
    Anonymous

• I didn't even know about Billy Mays till I saw it on Facebook. I don't think anyone should be making fun of anyones death. Could they be anymore disrespectful?? Its sad when anyone dies, I don't care who it is....RIP Billy, I used Oxyclean because of your commercials. BTW, I didn't think his voice was annoying at all. :-)
    CraZedSAHMof3

Answer by CraZedSAHMof3 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I haven't seen any jokes about Billy, guess I just missed them. I don't think it is nice to make jokes about ANYONE who has died.
    Anonymous

• I haven't seen any jokes about him,but making ANY jokes about ANY of the people who have died in the last few days is crude and tasteless. Their families are grieving,and the last thing they need are a bunch of tasteless jokes, smacking them in the face. I'm praying for all the families who have lost loved ones.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I haven't seen any jokes. You need to calm down. I'm not going to act like the death of Billy Mays has had the same impact on me as Michael Jackson, though. Michael was amazing at what he did, and he was one of the best musical icons the world has ever seen. He had a much larger impact, undoubtedly. It's disrespectful and distasteful to badmouth anyone who has died, in my opinion. just like how you just badmouthed Michael jackson. Now...explain to me why your hypocrisy is okay. Hey, at least you did it under Anon...so worried about Billy Mays that you can't even show your face to stand up for him? That's sad.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009