Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do? Scheduled to be induced tuesday, do I go or not?

This is baby #4, and I have never gone into labor on my own. First 2 were because of complications, but the last one I was just tired of being pregnant and opted out for the induction when offered. This being the last baby I really had my heart set on going into labor naturally, I have never had contractions without pitocin. I really dont know anything else, that I am tempted to give in already. That and with 3 other kids, it would be ideal to be able to tell my mom, I need a sitter on this day, instead iof her just being on-call so to say. I have really big babies too, and my blood pressure is up a bit, but not dangerously so, and I am not due till the 3rd. I know I have the option to just not show up, but I am so uncomfortable, what would you do? Get induced for no medical reason, or wait it out? I have natural births besides being induced (vaginal, no pain drugs)


Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • To the lady with the first answer.. Your lack of manners kills me..
    She is obviously having a rough time making a decision or she wouldn't have said anything to begin with. Compassion is clearly something you lack.

    I understand that you are having a rough time with this decision.. but its truly something that ONLY you and your SO/DH, etc. can answer.. If you have been thru it before and know what to expect and know that everything has worked out fine and your doctor is confident that all will be fine, which i assume doc does since you are scheduled!.. anyway.. and, the longer the baby is in there... the bigger he/she is getting.. and if you can be induced safely .. you will have at least 1/2 pound smaller baby.. since they gain 1/2 pound in the end wks.. GL.. and Congrats!

    Answer by Mom2Meredith at 3:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • I dont even understand why you are asking this quesiton.
    If you truly want an all nautral experience then do what you know you're supposed to and wait.

    your ignorance kills me.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • I wouldn't. If you want a natural birth being induced is not the way to go. Let things happen, your baby will let you know when s/he is ready and see what happens from there on out. =) good luck!

    Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • What's the real issue here?? Go be induced and save yourself the chaos. Do you really think your babysitter will be on-call just like that?? Ok it's not going to matter what anyone else says. You do what you feel is best. I am the type of person who likes to have a plan ready. I like things easy and uncomplicated. If you and your doctor decided induction would be best ( and since it's scheduled I assume you both agreed or you at least trust your doctor to know what's best) then go do it. Have your sitter there on tuesday have daddy take off work on tuesday and hope baby decides to wait until tuesday for birth. Because it's really not in your control when the baby gets here. GL mama. One vote to go to your scheduled appointment.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2009