This situation was very uncomfortable for me I left. What would you have done?

It was my dads birthday today and I did a 30 min drive to pick up my sis her friend and the baby so we could all be there. Well he asked her to help with getting groceries out of the car (everyone else was busy cooking and helping out with kids) and she complained cuz they fell out everywhere and some bags had been torn. She complained twice about it. And was very huffy puffy. Dad got really upset and told her to leave and go back home. Then him and my mom got into it and she took my sister her 2 kids and friend loaded them into the car and LEFT. Leaving me there all by myself with dad and dinner cooking for alot of ppl. I went potty (I'm 17 weeks pregnant) and snuck out the front door and didnt say anything. I feel upset because plans were ruined all that food was bought and I made a big drive to get my sis and now my dad is alone probably feeling pretty bad himself and its his birthday! What can/should I do? It was AWKWARD!!

IheartWyatt09

Asked by IheartWyatt09 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• You can't be responsible for what everyone else does. Families fight, especially at special occasions. Go be with your dad, order a pizza, the rest will work out.
    ajw05703

Answer by ajw05703 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I think what they did was chity and find what you did even more chity.
    Anonymous

• I think you need to go back over there and apologize.

Anonymous

• i think what they did was wrong. but you were worse! you're dad was probably already upset and you snuck out and left him there totally alone. if it were my dad he'd be worried sick about me on top of feeling bad b/c he fought with his family on his bday like that.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Family life...Try and call your dad and apologize. Once my mother left me and my family at Disneyworld. She took the car so we had no transportation,Christmas eve, late at night, then she got on a plane and left on christmas morning. I was like, BYE.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I am also upset because I do alot for everyone to cater to their needs and I'm always the peace keeper. I dont know why I couldnt handle it. I knew if I stayed he would have talked badly about my sister and I could feel the stress in my chest. They say thats not good when youre pregnant. I just want everything to be okay again.
    IheartWyatt09

Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i understand being the peace keeper and having to hear your parents talk badly about each other. but by sneaking out it was acting like a child. you should have gone back in, and if he started talking badly asked him to stop if he didn't tell him you didn't want the stress of that so you were leaving. you should call him
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I didnt even get the chance to say happy birthday! Its one of those monents I wanna crawl in a hole and disappear.

IheartWyatt09

Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Im not a bad person I promise.
    IheartWyatt09

Answer by IheartWyatt09 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I think what your mom and sister did was just straight messed up, but what you did to top it all off was worse, you should have stayed and been there with him now he is all alone on his b-day bexcause why your sister is a big baby WTF if thats not messed up IDK what is
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2009