Seriously what do you think?

Is calling a 2 year old 33 months is funny??? LMAO

I was talking with the lady the other day and I asked how old her son was she said "Tyler is only 33 months, that's my baby" I gave her a smile and said so he is 2. She looked at me with attitude and said "33 months"

IMO, after 1 year you just shouldn't do the months anymore. I don't go around saying I'm 386 months.

MONIVEMOM

Asked by MONIVEMOM at 3:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think so it doesn't matter.
    Anonymous

• I hear ya. It drives me nuts, too. I notice that it's mostly first time mommies who do this and we just need to smile and walk away...lol. There are actually people who will tell you their child is 5 years 4 months 2 weeks and 6 days old....lol.
    Ah well.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• When someone asks me my son's age, I tell him he turned one this month. He turned one June 3rd. Once he hits 2, I'll quit using months terms.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I agree, cause for some reason when they say months the best way for me to count it up in my head fast is think of how long my car payment for.... LOL
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 3:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• when people ask me how old my daughter is i don't tell them 21 months because to me that's silly, i just say "she'll be 2 in august"

i think the months thing is silly past 1. I can maybe see saying 1 year and ** months, but 33 months to me sounds silly... why not just say almost 3?
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I think it is ok, up to 24 months, then not so much. lol
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i hate that too..with my daughter it has always been "shes almost 5" "she just turned 5" or "shes 5 1/2 "
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• When my DD turned two I stopped. There is a big difference though between a 12 month old, an 18 month old, and a 2 year old. There is also a huge difference in 33 months and 2 years old. Saying he was almost 3 would have been better.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I also think it's okay up to 24 months, after they are just "years" old.

There is a big difference developmentally between a 12 month old, and 18 month old and a 2 year old.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2009