Are baby carots o.k. to eat on a low carb diet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Not according to what my dietician told me only because they have so much sugar in them. She said they are not a good choice when wanting to cut carbs.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Diets are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2009