teen mother to be question about child birth

does giveing birth hurt really bad im really scared about the pain how bad is it?

xMUMMYxTOxBEx

Asked by xMUMMYxTOxBEx at 3:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was a first time mother until June 18th 2009 and had the same question as you. My contractions at 6-7 cm hurt the most. The pain was mostly in my lower back. It does hurt but make sure to breathe through contractions instead of holding it in. On a scale 0-10 (10 worst) I would say it was a 7 in my lifetime. It is not as bad as you see people screaming in movies etc...
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 3:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Have you joined any groups yet? You might want to search for Natural Pregnancy and Childbrith (or just browse through my groups on my profile and you will find it) They can help you find a good pain relief method that works well for you. There are soooo many out there.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• and btw i had no pain medicine and it was still a 7 for me...unless i just have a high pain tolerance. When you go into labor dont be afraid or nervous going in. Be calm and everything will be ok
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 3:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• How old are you honey seriously? I'm not trying to be rude but that is a really stupid question but if you want to know yes it does. I had my first born not to long after i turned 15 and I did do a natural birth I don't believe in using drugs, but that is my personal view. It was probably the worst pain I would ever have to go threw but u are giving birth it's not going to be extremely pleasant anyway. But no matter the pain you go threw ur getting an unbelievable great pay off at the end. And with another one on the way I will have a drug free birth with it also
    sassytasha

Answer by sassytasha at 3:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Keep in mind that its more of a cramp type pain than a searing, sharp type pain, like a paper cut is. Its honestly like really bad gas or diahrrea pains. Unless you have back labor, which I haven't had, so I can't judge.
    Anonymous

• I had all back labor. It was like a deep dull pain and rubbing does NOT help lol
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 3:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Of course it hurts, but it's all in the way you birth. If you are having a hospital, and allow them to make you stay on your back, the pain will be horrible.

if yo uget up, move, maybe use a birthing ball (those giant inflatable exercise balsl you can buy for $10), labor in water, squat, just MOVE and BREATHE you will do a lot better.

I HIGHLY recommend you get a doula to be with you at your birth, or have a midwife assistend home birth.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 4:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• it doesn't have to hurt. Just stay in shape and do pregnancy exercises. Keep your muscles limber. Do a lot of walking. Learn to breathe for labor. That was the biggest help I found. Take Lamaze classes or read the book. I read the book and did fine. My dd took the classes. It helps you control the pain. It's like menstrual cramps but 100 times more intense.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It does hurt. And especially when it's your first time with it being new and you aren't sure what to expect it can seem worse. But have no fear! There are things that can help.

While you're here on the computer do some research about different methods of pain control during labor. There's a lot of options now that extend from all sorts of breathing exercises to mental exercises and of course medication (while I personally had an epidural and it helped tremendously I urge you to research it on your own and decide if that's something you're comfortable with). But the more you read and prepare the better you will be able to handle the pain.

I'm not sure how far along you are but if you could find a class that sounds interesting, why not take it?

CONT'D
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 4:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• CONT'D

Like I said there will be pain. Pain like you've never felt before. But the more you know about what to expect and what you can do to counteract it the better you will be able to handle it and that is truly the key.

So get to researching, Lady! Good luck to you! And you'll soon see your new baby and think to yourself "Pain 10 times worse than what I just experienced is worth it when you're the outcome."
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 4:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2009