Is there anything that any of you women found that seems to help with being tired while pregnant?

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 3:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lots of naps. I take oxygen now for a sleep disorder. I wish they gave it to me for pregnancy! it really makes you feel relaxed and then energized when you wake up!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Naps, lol. As often as you can. If you just can't fit a small one in your day it's key to find a few times a day to chill out. 10-15 minutes at a time will work just to sit and rest your feet or eyes. Or even if you wanted to read a book or magazine or newspaper.

Also try a new (earlier) bedtime routine. A good routine will help your mind get ready for sleep and you'll typically have a more restful sleep.

Your diet could help if it just feels like those mid-morning or mid-afternoon slumps just seem harder to get out of than normal. Stay stocked up on snacks with protein (or even fix a quick half peanut butter sandwich) and it will help you stay more alert.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 4:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2009