Has your child ever gone w/o insurance, even if it were for a short period of time?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My children went with out for a long period of time. I paid cash for their shots and dr bills. See, we couldn't afford $1700 a month for the insurance at my husbands job, but the state wouldn't help us because we made $36 over the limit for our family size. But they go based on your hourly wage, not on what you actually made....
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Nope. Our children have had health insurance since the day they were born.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• When my hubby lost his job this past March I thought oh shit! We purchased the COBRA insurance for my son, which is not cheap by any means. BUT the insurance is AWSOME so it is woth paying $350 a month for.

So to answer you question, no, my son has not done without insurance. That is my responsibility to see to it that he has it.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 4:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yes. There was a gap when we changed jobs that they she went without insurance. We paid cash for her shots that were due that month and for her ER trip.
    Anonymous

• my oldest went over a year with out insurance, it was way outta our budget to get him insurance, and the state kept throughing us threw loops.. luckly it was a healthy year.. he ahd his shots, and we paid for them but no sicknesses or er trips..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 4:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• We don't have any insurance right now and haven't had any for almost 7 months. My son just had to have 2 staples in his head because of a bike accident and as of right now, we have to pay out of pocket for it.
    jcsg

Answer by jcsg at 5:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• No my daughter has not. I have been lucky enough to have insurance on her.
    beenie21

Answer by beenie21 at 1:51 AM on Jul. 1, 2009