hi cafe moms is it normal to get heartburn the first stage of pregnancy?

ericaandfranke

Asked by ericaandfranke at 4:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My SIL had it her entire pregnancy, it got worse towards the end.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i had heartburn through out my pregnancy!!! it was horrible!!! but the doctor said it was ok to take zantac. and also try chewing on a peice of celery it helps, dont eat it just chew it! and dont take zantac without talking to your doc. every pregnancy is different so best bet it to talk to him first. mine was horrible though it would keep me up at night so yeah. but the celery does work too i just didnt know while i was pregnant. thank goodness for zantac then though.
    Anonymous

• it also keeps me up all nite. it feels like a burning sensation in my throat
    ericaandfranke

Answer by ericaandfranke at 4:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• talk to your doctor and ask if you can take zantac or try the celery. a pharmacist should be able to tell you whats safe and not safe as well.
    Anonymous

• Absoutely, every women's body is different. typically it more then likely will get worse as you go in your pregnancy. Zantac and tums will work great for that. Just be sure to ask your doctor before you take anything!
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 6:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• normal??? i had it my whole pregnancy
    stephania01

Answer by stephania01 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I never had heartburn until I got pregnant. It was awful!
    tykesmommy

Answer by tykesmommy at 11:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2009