How to enjoy 'making love?'

I absolutely dread having sex and do not enjoy doing it, but it really helps my marriage when I do. 'Cause that's all we fight about when I don't. Are they any foods or drinks or OTC medicine to make me in the mood and help me want to have sex?

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 4:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• there are foods that are supposed to be aphrodisiacs. You can google that. When my libido is down I drink tea with DHEA in it. You can buy it over the counter. I'd check with my dr first. It comes in 20-25 mg capsules but you only need about 5 mg twice a day so I just open the capsule and sprinkle a bit in my tea twice a day and WOO HOO!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Have you went to the doctor and made sure that you don't have any hormonal imbalances? Are you on birth control? That can diminish your sex drive.

My first step would be the doctor and then look into other remedies.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I would go talk to a dr. It could be something medical causing your lack of desire.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Wow. That's a shame. I love sex. You need to figure out why you don't enjoy sex? Is it an emotional reason or a physical reason? Does it physically hurt you? Maybe your partner doesn't know how to "warm you up?" Or emotional: Are you not attracted to your partner? Is this something from your past? Maybe from childhood or a parent telling you sex is "dirty." Could definitely be a hormonal thing, though I think if it were a hormonal thing, you'd just not be in the mood, not necessarily "dread" sex. I had a friend whose mother told her sex was awful, so she hated it. Told her husband she'd have sex once a month. Took her years to overcome her mother's influence. But finally she did and now she loves it. I truly hope you find the answer, sex is awesome when you're with the right partner. :)
    CoolGirlChris

Answer by CoolGirlChris at 6:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Well, I can't go to the doctor 'cause we don't have health insurance and can't afford to go, but yeah I would love to find out why. I used to enjoy it before I got pregnant and ever since after I had my baby I don't enjoy it. I am on the mireana IUD, but I don't think that's it 'cause I didn't enjoy it while I was pregnant either. Hmmm CoolGirl, you could be on to something...
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Why do you not like sex? You really need to examine this issue and figure out what it is that you don't like. From there, you can find ways to solve it.

I also recommend going to the doctor. You may have a hormonal imbalance, or your birth control pill may be hindering your libido.

Experiment with sex so it doesn't become routine. Try different lubes, textured condoms, and vibrating cock rings. Different positions. Different locations.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 7:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• wow well first of all was there a time when you did enjoy it??? well sex is something that makes you connect with one another and make you a couple. I'm not saying its the only thing in a relationship but it is important. do your husband enjoy pleasing you? do you like foreplay to get you started? what's the thing you don't like? it could be your husband? well i use to work with a lot of men and part of my job was to listen to them and act like i was interested in what they were saying... which i was most of the time. And there were guys who had the same problem your having. they really loved there wife's but they were not fulfilling their needs. so they went out of the marriage to look for someone who can. most of them ended up divorced.
    mellyhayes

Answer by mellyhayes at 6:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2009