Is cutting back on crack while prego any different than cutting back on ciggaretts while prego?

I mean really, it's all bad for baby isn't it? Seems like you just choose whether baby has asthma or low birth weight, or brain damage and low birth weight. Why is one made to be okay but not the other?

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think crack is worse, i smoke through out my pregnancy and my daughter does NOT have asthma, she was a normal healthy weight, everything was fine with her, im not saying its ok to do it, but i did it, thank god shes ok, it was a mistake i know, but shes happy and healthy now so im happy for that!

• I don't recall either of them being OK to do while pregnant ... I must have missed my OB saying "Smoking cigarettes is alright, go ahead. But don't smoke crack, that's really bad" ...

But then again, I haven't smoke cigarettes in almost 3 years ... my son is 13 months ....

Answer by ap9902 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• oh i smoked cigarettes not crack. crack is whack! for real have you ever met a crack head??? omg

• they can both kill the baby so one isn't any "better" than the other, i don't care how many people say their kid had no problems from it. the baby will be affected at some point in it's life if the mother uses either one.

Answer by tnm786 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It's a simple fact that smoking is bad for you, but it's not as bad as crack...

It's bad to smoke while pregnant, but it's not as bad as doing crack while pregnant...

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Babies addicted to crack have a really rough time of it. Our neighbor smoked cigarettes, and both of her children were low birth weight.

Answer by Bmat at 4:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yes smoking is bad for you but how can you compare it to crack? Maybe you are on crack?

• Someone told me that their doctor said to cut back but not to quit because of stress. In my experience they always gave you pamphlets on quitting smoking while pregnant when you saw the doctor, whether you smoked or not. I asked my doc about this and he said he would never tell a pregnant woman not to stop smoking. He said in the long run it's better to quit altogether. I quit smoking after 11 years, all I did was stop. I felt too guilty to do something that would risk my childs health. I still don't smoke, it's been about five years. I guess I wouldn't feel right about comparing anything that would be bad for my child period.

Answer by Steff107 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• crack, seriously. what the hell is wrong with you people
    i smoked ciggarettes, my boys were 8 lb6oz and 7 lb 5 oz. , my boys are smart and healthy.

Answer by jbirchard at 4:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I think people think smoking while pregnant is less harmful because they don't always see the immediate damage like crack can do.