Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this true??

if your in a abusive relationship and you talk to someone about it like a social worker and your an immigrant can they help you get papers to be able to stay here and get a job????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • I don't think they can help get papers to stay. I think they can help get you to a safe place which would be returned home

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • I dont think so. They may help you but you can do that on ur own time as well. Basically they get u a work visa, u could also get one for school. Live on that visa and all at the same time have the naturalization process. if u go to a social worker their just gonna do that and give u the resources but u can find them on ur own. The time it takes does not get expedited or anything u still have to wait ur turn...Theres probably alot of people waiting to get naturalized ahead of u. but visas dont take that long....

    Answer by Dom123123 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • call the domestic violence hotline and ask them directly. 1-800-799=7233

    Answer by admckenzie at 4:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • if u are married to an american and have a work permit or green card, then yes that can get u to be able to stay.. like if u are on a conditional statues or something.. if you are illegal thats a different story.. but they can/ and will at least look and see if there is a way to help u

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

  • If you are illegal you are pretty much sent back to where ya came from. I'm not sure if they would even do it if you weren't married or even if you are. It sounds like there are no papers involved at all and in that case get the hell out!

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
How to enjoy 'making love?'

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Alcohol And Climbing