So what about pot and alcohol? Are those okay while pregnant?

Pregnant women drank back in the day before they knew it was harmful and their kids are "healthy" I know people that smoked pot and their kids were "healthy" So why is smoking any less justifiable? Why do we justify something even though there are scientific facts showing it's dangerous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There are plenty of smokers who don't develop lung cancer. There are plenty of people who eat crap all day and don't become diabetic. Why would you take unnecessary risks with your child's life? It is selfish and immature; clearly you understand this on some level, or you would not have posted anonymously.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Who says they are healthy or were? How many died from the abuse? How many are fked up from the abuse? Who said smoking is OK because I don't think it is? This question is stupid.
    Anonymous

• Well, read some of the posts where mom's try to justify smoking while pregnant! They are all over here! Read the last post about smoking cigs and crack there's a few of them. Only a few said it was wrong! Unreal.....
    Anonymous

• No,neither one is good, or safe,and any woman who would drink or smoke pot,and subject her unborn baby to that deserves to have that baby taken from her and put in the care of the state! She isn't fit to be a parent!
    Anonymous

• Oh yes, Why not go ahead and do crack while pregnant as well....idiot
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• This post was somewhat sarcastic Notice the word "healthy" was in quotes. I see many people saying that they smoked or drank during pregnancy and their child is "healthy" or "just fine". I think it just makes others think it is acceptable.
    Anonymous

• women that drink or do drugs while prego dont deserve to have babies! theres women out there that cant get preg. and would do anything to be able to have their own baby and cant but then you get the assholes that can get prego and jus harm the baby. its ridiculous and selfish and disgusting and i feel bad for the poor babies that have to grow up with mothers like that!
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't take the chance either way, and I never did. I quit smoking while pregnant with both my kids, and I'm done for good, thank God. I've never done crack in my life, and I plead the 5th on pot, but never while pregnant. My friend, even tho I never believed anyone could ever be, is addicted to pot, and is pregnant and smokes on occasion. I feel bad for her baby.
    Anonymous

• FIND ME SOME FACTS THAT SHOW HOW HARMFUL MARIJUANA IS TO BABIES AND MESSAGE ME THEM. I BET YOU CANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• otispregnancy.org/pdf/marijuana.pdf
    Here you go! jbirchard! Why would you risk something that has been linked with low birthweight and premature birth. You are just defensive because you probably did it!
    Anonymous