Im 19 i just found out im prego :) 6 weeks.. im so excited BUT

i think about if the baby is going to be healthy a LOT.. and what will happen if im not a good mom and if im going to be able to give birth (in a physical matter not mental). i know i have a LOT of help family an amazing boyfriend of over two years etc.. but i just worry that im thinking about it TOO much... any suggestions comments etc???

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 11:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Prepare yourself as much as you can for when the baby arrives. Even if you can't give the baby everything in the whole world, you can still be a great mom! Just be patient, loving, and don't be afraid to ask others for help if you need it. As far as delivery... EVERY mom is a little freaked out, no matter how old she is. For me, I was pretty nervous, but once my water broke I was READY! I let the doctors and nurses do their job & I stayed as calm as possible. Everything ended up perfect & I had a great labor experience. Don't let too many people tell you what you should or shouldn't do... one great thing you can do for yourself is to do your own research and make your own decisions. Best wishes!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Thanks :) i appreciate it.. i know moms always freak and have millions of questions in their head, i just feel like im doing it alot and i feel like im going to FLIP after i have the baby.. maybe i should tell my doc this when i see him huh? lol... im sure ill relax after a while and relax when my water breaks im sure ill be fine.. i think its just nerves .. i mean i did just find out like 5 days ago :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• You're worrying because of the unknown. Don't worry so much! You'll have lots of tests done during your pregnancy and that will help some of your concerns, but being a great mom is totally up to you!! And from how concerned you already are--- I'm sure you'll make a great one!! Good luck!!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 11:39 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• awh that answer made me cry lol must be those hormones :) thanks u guys!!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:48 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• well make sure your drinking distilled water and not talking to much on a cell phone. Bottle water and tap and purifed have flouride and or chlorine so make sure your eating carrots and beets and lots of healthy organic food. and i wouldn't have milk www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm
    Anonymous

• no worries, i only drink good water im not really ever on a cell i HATE milk and believe milk is not good for you only because of the things they put into it... and i am eating very healthy! :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• well im 19 years as well.. im due december 25th.. and soo far its been getting easier for me as time passes.. so when its time to have the baby i think you will be really excited and feel ready to do it.. and it doesnt matter if you think you will be a good mom all that matters is you did the best you can for your child.. and that you worked really hard to get everything they needed
    MaMaToBe89

Answer by MaMaToBe89 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• When this is all over, you will be awed by the amount of superhuman strength that you have deep inside of yourself. You will never be the same. Mother hood just changes you. Not being a good mom is not an option, we all have days that we feel we are bad moms, we are way too hard on ourselves. Also your body just takes over, and you don't have to think. This beautiful even just happens, and you will be shocked at how intense you can feel for someone so small instantly. It is like giving birth to your own heart. Props to you for not having an abortion!!! Congrats, and you will be a good mommy!!!
    ProudMammaBear

Answer by ProudMammaBear at 2:14 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Take your prenatals, stay hydrated, avoid smoking/drinking(common sense stuff), and you'll be fine.

It's normal for first time moms to worry, and likely even second or third time moms. That's what moms do: they worry! LOL

Good luck with everything:) You'll be fine.

Take care!
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 10:44 PM on Jun. 22, 2008