DOES BEESWAX LOTION REALLY HELP GET RIDE OF STRETCH MARKS?

I USED COCO LOTION, CREAM AND OIL AND ITS NOT REALLY WORKING...:[

sophia7

Asked by sophia7 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Unless you have plastic surgery, there is NOTHING that will get rid of stretch marks. One of the prices we way for becoming a mom.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Nothing helps to get rid of stretchmarks. Once they're there --- that's it.... they're there. Unless you have plastic surgery that entirely removes that portion of skin (like a tummy tuck), they will be there forever.

The products you listed are supposed to help PREVENT them (sometimes they work, sometimes not --- a lot has to do with good ol' genetics).
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• As posted above NOTHING short of surgery gets rid of stretch marks. Very little you can do will actually prevent them. It is all about genetics, how the baby carries and to some extent excessive weight gain.
    The things you can do togive you the best shot. Eat healthy, drink LOTS of water to stay well hydrated, moisterize your skin daily and try not to gain more than 30 lbs. Excessive weight gain even NOT being pregnant will cause stretch marks. They will lighten on their own over time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• It's not plastic surgery, It's LASER SCAR REMOVAL. NOT plastic surgery. You can have it done at a dermatologists. Usually around $200-$500 per session. The worse the stretch-marks, the more sessions you'll have to have. It will fade them A LOT.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, nothing gets rid of them :o(
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Stretch marks CAN fade over time. Vitamin E is the main ingredient that helps to lessen or lighten, however, the best lotions that have it are unprocessed (processing destroys the benefits of good oils). You want to use extra virgin coconut oil or raw shea butter (of course you can use extravirgin olive oil or emu oil etc). If you already have stretch marks you will have to be patient and keep oiling the skin with the right oils because it will help lesson the damage from stretching and allow the skin to heal.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yeah I used coco butter lotion and didn't help. I also had vitamin E capsules and would poke one with a needle to get the vitamin E stuff out and rub it on most of my belly like most all my 1st pregancy. Well, at 8 1/2 mths I finally got some stretch marks, so neither worked, They have that mederma scar cream out in the stores that some people say is ok for stretch marks cause they are scars too. I have heard it works.
    Anonymous