What am I doing wrong or is this typical for a 2.5 month old?

My baby fights sleep till no end, even when I have him on a soothing routine, but when he finally does go down for the night he wakes up every hour...advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all babys are not the same, Try and get this Johnson&Johnson bed time lotion
    Anonymous

• Honey, this is pretty common for babies. My kids didnt sleep all night until they were about 6 months. I would suggest talking with babies doctor to make sure he is getting enough formula and there is no physical problems.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• He's EBF, and his weight is beyond the average he's in 95th% she said he's perfectly healthy so...I guess I got to just suck it up and wait it out sigh
    Anonymous

• i know i was going to stop and say "typical" no such thing especially not at 2.5 mo were baby is still trying to figure out what's going on here,, so no but relax when she does hold her as much as you can by next year it'll be much harder.... and enjoy being a new mom, stock up on camomile i swear by it it's good for everyone and pretty much everything!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 5:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Yes, it can be pretty normal. Try to make sure to burp good after feeding so that gas isn't the culprit, but if he's gaining weight and the doctor doesn't see a problem, then he's probably OK. You aren't doing anything wrong, and by holding him and soothing him the way you are doing, that will strengthen your bonding, and eventually he will be sleeping longer and longer for you. This first year is the roughest on sleep. If you can, get someone to relieve you a couple of times a week so that you can nap. It will help you to get thru the nights for a while. Congratulations on your new little guy! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My little dd still likes ot be swaddled. It helps her to stay asleep. You might want to try this. I have noticed that when she is not wrapped up she will move around alot and wake herself up. She sleeps really well.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• have you tried a baby swing? My baby loved motion. It helped her sleep. Music and white noise also helped.
    poulsenjosh

Answer by poulsenjosh at 7:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I also swaddled my DD until she was 7 months old. She would wake herself up all through the night with her hands hitting her in the face. She loves being swaddled!
    Anonymous

• ur baby's just 2 n half mos but seems like he've already formed such habits....u know waking up after each hour whether he's hungry or not.....but according to my experience this is the best time that u leave ur baby to cry if he wakes up after his first sleep at night...cuz when he starts to move and crawl...it's even harder as they might end up hurting themself in their crib....i know leaving ur baby to cry is not as easy as it sounds but it's the right thing that u make him fall asleep on their own.....he is likely to cry for half or even 1 hr at first night...little less on second night..more less on third night...and then they will gradually start to realise that nothing's really gonna happen...noone's picking me up etc...do try to think about it...take ur time...discuss it with ur partner.....but at the end of the day it's u the mother who knows what's best for their baby...gud luck!
    momsaranx

Answer by momsaranx at 12:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My baby is almost three months old and he does the same thing sometimes. Just make sure he's got a full belly, clean diaper, and no gas problems. And if that doesn't work, try using Johnson's Calming Bedtime Lotion or bath. Have you tried cuddling with him until he falls asleep then as carefully as possible putting him down in his bed? Sometimes that's what I have to do.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2009