Arnica for babies teething?

I told someone the teething tablets weren't really helping my nine month old. She just won't sleep while she is teething. so she suggested tryin the hylands arnica for her....looking for it right now.. but have you heard of this? i hate giving her motrin at night

batsonsgirl

Asked by batsonsgirl at 5:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Actually chamomilia is usually listed as the homeopathic for teething.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• We used the Hylands teething tabs successfully, though I have heard other parents say that it worked for one baby and not the other. I would check with a homeopath; I know we used the arnica cream on bumps at a very young age, but I have no idea about the tabs.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• isn't chamomilia mostly just a calming herb. she needs something for the pain i think!
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 5:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• No. I used it quite a bit with good results.Google  homeopathic materia medica. It will give you some good reading. :)

SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Arnica is more for muscle pain or stiffness and probably wouldn't do much for teething pain. Have you tried Boiron's Camilia? That worked better than the Hylands teething tablets for my kids.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 6:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2009