Is it still okay to fly?

I asked my doctor if it was okay to fly, because I'm going down to Georgia to visit family. I leave July 17th, come back the 31st. I'm 25w2d today, and she said I could still fly. But I heard that many airlines won't let you fly past 6 months? Is this true?

MommyToBe1023

Asked by MommyToBe1023 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I checked this while I was prego, airlines are 20 weeks.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• it depends on the airline really some dont care some request a drs note past 30 weeks
    just call the airline you are going to fly on and ask them
    my husband works for us airways and they take you with a drs note
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• From what I have seen, they wont let you after 36 weeks. Some require a dr's note, but until you are in your Third trimester most will still let you.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• how is the airline going to know how far along you are just by looking at you? if your doc says it's ok then go for it.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• They can make you get a dr. note saying exactly how far along you are! This is what I was told.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2009