Just curious...if you had to have a C section every time you gave birth would you have 8 kids?

I'm terrified of surgery! I was scared when I had my tubes tied! My friend has had 4 C-sections and she's more man than me!lol She takes it like a pro! She wows me with she wants 4 more! I don't know what it's like to have one, but it she's all game! I never knew anyone else like this, I'm intrigued. P.S. Not to be interpreted as catty, I'm really wowed!

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i don't know b/c i'd never ever want 8 kids! as far as having to have the c-sections each time, i've had 2 and have no problem with the idea of having 1 or 2 more b/c we want 3 or 4 kids. but can't fathom 8 kids so that thought alone makes me say she's crazy!!! hehe, but i would have 8 c-sections if i wanted 8 kids and had to have them. c-sections aren't as bad as people think they are. i just had my second in may and recovery etc was a lot quicker than the first time around. then again i had 5 surgeries b4 the first c-section so surgery doesn't bother me
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I get claustrophobic getting teeth pulled! No joke! I watch a C section on tv once, the thought of not being able to move...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• That's really dangerous. My neighbor had her uterus rupture when she got pregnant with her fourth child after three C-sections. She was warned not to get pregnant again and the doctor wanted her to get her tubes tied when she had the third C-section. She and her baby nearly died and she got her tubes tied because it was life-threatening to get pregnant again. Her only special circumstance was one previous surgery in the same area and her first three babies were in a four-year span. I'm sure taking the two years in between to heal would make a difference, but I would never risk eight C-sections personally. To each their own.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 6:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I had an emergency one, so I was knocked out and liked it because I was not required to think about it while it happened! I think that psyching yourself out about it makes it a lot worse, and I would have another one. I would not have eight kids if they were delivered in a basket with a bow though. :)
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 6:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I had one vaginally and one c-section. Did fine with both of them but was scared when I was brought in to the room to have the c-section. I was sooo afraid but did fine. Within a week I was my old self again. lol
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• lmao smarshy! Not even if they came with a big screen tv!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I would never have a kid any other way if I could help it. C-sections worked out great for me for many reasons.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 6:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Dang, if I had to have 8 c-sections then they may as well install a zipper so they don't have to cut me every time and create more scar tissue!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I told my hubs I wanted between 2-4 kids. I have been pregnant 4 times and have 3 living children. All 3 of mine have been C-sections. As for 8 kids--- ummmm not me my 3 are more than enough!!

PrdyferthMenyw--- like the zipper idea-- LOL!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i am pregnant with my 4th child and this one will be another c-section (i've already had 3) and the doctor has asked me if i want more. so i guess it would be ok, but i heal well and quickly. (i didnt plan to get pregnant this time and will not be having anymore though)
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2009