When have other people gotten their babies ears pierced

I have a 3 month old and was just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It should be you child's decision, not your's

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I let my kids choose what holes to put in their body. I don't like the idea of infant piercing because it kills their choice of whether they want it or not. My cousins were done as a baby and now at 33 she is stuck with holes that would not close.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I have a boy, but if I had a daughter I would wait until she wanted it.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 6:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• i has my dd done at 3 months but i had to take the ear ring out b/c of cronic ear onfections...now i plan on doing them again this sept for b day she will be 5 this year
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 6:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• In my DH's culture, it is tradition to get a babies ear pierced when they are born. My oldest was 3 when she had her's done. I just kept putting it off. My youngest was less than 2 months, because my best friend and DH are from the same area. Her mom pierced her ears. I don't care if no one likes it. It was my choice, as their mother.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• my little one was 3months,i worked myself up for nothing,she didnt evemn cry or tug at em,just have a NEW toy there for her to look at when u do it,i aso do the toy thing when she gets shots.she is a year old now and we havent had any problems yet
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• If you do it.....do NOT allow them to be done with a piercing gun!!!!! It is blunt force trauma, and causes scar tissue. Piercing needle only.....doctor, or professional piercer. Those unsteril guns and places that do them should be shut down.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Colleen, if they were unsterile they wouldn't be using them. To the OP, I have a son but if I had had a daughter her ears would've been pierced around 6 weeks. It's ultimately your decision, you're the parent. Don't let these people with their panties wedged in their cracks tell you it's selfish and that it should be child's decision. It's not their kid. =)

I personally think babies with their ears pierced are adorable. But I haven't seen a baby boy with his ear pierced. I'm not against it though.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2009