Joint pains during pregnancy?

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and have been having joint pains for a few weeks now....this is my 3rd baby....i didn't get like this with the other two except for the "normal" aches in my hips/lower back nearer the end of the pregnancy....with this one i don't think there's a joint in my body that doesn't ache!....lol....i haven't gained very much so i'm sure that's not it.....we have all ceramic tile in the house so i know that's at least part of the problem....was just wondering if anyone else was having this many aches and pains.

bigblueeyes

Asked by bigblueeyes at 6:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes I am too! This is also my third baby. ALL my joints hurt hips, knees shoulders you name it. It sucks to be so uncomfortable.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• lol....yes it does!!!!!......at least now i know i'm not alone in my suffering!.....lol.....i just hope these next 10 weeks go by fast!....lol
    bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 8:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Oh yeah I've had it with both of my pregnancies. All of my joints bother me, mostly my wrists. During pregnancy, our bodies produce more of the hormone relaxin. Relaxin works to soften the pelvic joints as to allow the baby to pass through during delivery. Unfortunately, it can work on all of the joints and cause the joints to swell and hurt. This is one of the main reasons why they want pregnant women to avoid high impact activities. This and all the extra weight are the two big reasons we get lower back pain :(
    MyJoieDeVivre

Answer by MyJoieDeVivre at 1:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• i knew we produced the relaxin for the hip joints.....i just have never had it affect alllllll my joints!!!!......lol.....my wrists don't bother me too awful much....i know that a lot of pregnant women end up getting carpal tunnel syndrome too.....and restless lag syndrome!.....that one is miserable too!......i had that with my last one and again with this one!

bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 12:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2009