I'm pregnant, can I have a beer?

I'm over 5 months pregnant and there's a beer in my fridge... would it really be that bad to drink it?

Mean responses will be ignored/reported.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• One beer isnt going to hurt your baby. People try to spread scare tactics about FAS, but all it takes is a little research to find out its only been reported in heavy drinkers. One beer or one glass of wine every once in a while, is ok. Even your dr will tell you that.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• You are going to get mean responses , I will tell you that right now. Look at it this way: Everything that goes into your body, goes into that baby.So, do your want your baby to have a beer?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• You're already expecting mean answers. Pretty sure you know what the answer is based on that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My mother's doctor said it was okay to have one drink after five months.
    Anonymous

• what do you mean reported you are asking if you a pregnant woman should drink ??? that is just stupid im sorry
    why not just grow up your gonna be a mommy i havent drank in a year because i had my daughter
    Anonymous

• What do I mean reported? If someone intentially calls another person a rude name or calls them stupid for asking a question, that is abuse.
    Anonymous

• While I was pregnant and stressing out around 9 months I had half a smirnoff with sprite. Obviously just for the taste and to calm down. The doctor said it was fine but not to make it a habit, which it wasn't.
    ours

Answer by ours at 6:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I don't think a beer would cause any harm, but there's no guarantee to it. My SIL sipped a few sips, maybe 1/4 of a beer. I don't see anything wrong with taking a few sips, but I personally would not drink a whole beer. I get a huge buzz off of one, I couldn't imagine my baby feeling that way! JMO.
    Anonymous

• Do you really think it's worth the possible consequences to have that one beer? If you want it for the taste, which a lot of women crave beer, go get an O'Douls. They are alcohol free. Better for your unborn child, which you are responsible for protecting and taking care of.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2009