Will he be next?

Sigh now it is not looking good for Walter Cronkite. Maybe we should all stay indoors until this thing blows over.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/275037,legendary-us-journalist-walter-cronkite-ill-unlikely-to-recover.html

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 6:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is strange that so many people are meeting their end all at once. I was really shocked that Billy Mays died. They're saying that it was some sort of injury possibly caused by a rough landing from an airplane flight. He went to bed not feeling well and never woke up. It's so scary because that can happen to any of us! I feel bad for his wife, she must be a total wreck (I know I would be).

Walter Cronkite is a legendary news anchor. While he has been ill for a while, if we loose him it will be felt very deeply as well. So sad.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2009

• confusedI thought he was already dead! I guess I was wrong

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Geez ... I've been under a rock. I thought he was already gone! A few celebrities have died and I thought they were already gone. That's what having kids has done to me. If it weren't for Cafemom, I would not have known anything about Michael Jackson or Farrah Fawcett! The only thing that's ever on my television is Sprout and Noggin. I really need to get out more.
    DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 6:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• rolling on floorLaughing at Detora

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• DeTora, I am right there with ya! If it weren't for cafe mom I would still not know about FF, MJ.

Who was the third one that died at the same time? Was it Ed McMann??
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• ed mcman, farrah, MJ and billy mays the oxy clean guy (died today)
    defiantpromises

Answer by defiantpromises at 6:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Its sad, but with young kids you can live under a rock! I didn't know about 9/11 until noon EST! I had an abscessed tooth and my dd was watching NickJr. that morning. My first reaction when my mom told me, was "what embassy did they bomb now?" You'd think they could at least put a ticker on the bottom that says "major news event happening, not suitable for children". Most of us own at least a tv and a radio! But ratings are everything, makes you wonder what they would send out an alert for.

As for Walter Cronkite, well he's lived a very long and successful life, he's an icon though. Unfortunately no one lives forever, but, I am sure that a lot of people will miss him.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 7:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• I keep thinking Patrick Swaze will be next. Poor guy keeps hangin in there.
    katskelington

Answer by katskelington at 9:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2009